Embodied Computation: Exploring Roboforming for the Mass-Customization of Architectural Components
Advisors: Jeremy Ficca, Josh Bard, David Kosbie
Alex J Fischer.com/thesis
What I learned from my research:
• Designs stemming from material understanding and hands-on making will be more informed.
• There is a demand for mass-customized.architectural elements
• Roboforming is an efficient method for fabricating small batch sizes of unique parts.
• There does not exist a software for Roboforming.
• Design and Implement a Process Chain for Roboformingat CarnegieMellon’sDfabLab.
• Utilize this Process Chain to experiment and learnmore about Roboforming.
• Output an best-use example of an application of Roboforming in an architectural context.
[button color=”primary” size=”small” url=”http://www.alexjfischer.com/final-thesis-presentation/” target=”blank”]Read More and Download[/button]